Thank you for your interest in becoming a TST Approved Certified Instructor!
TST Instructor Instructor Requirements
- TST Instructor candidates must be either an RN, LPN, NP, PA, MD, or DO and have experience in Tuberculosis Control.
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of TB including history, epidemiology, transmission, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Have experience administering, reading and interpreting TB skin tests.
- Be certified to Read & Administer TB Skin tests for a period of at least 24 months in the previous 6 years.
- Hold a current TST certification.
- Provide proof of at least 24 months of practice with TST read and administer certification.
- Successfully complete a TTT Workshop with a certified Master Regional Trainer (MRT).
- Complete and submit the TST Instructor Application and Biographical Data/Conflict of Interest online form (link to online form will be emailed after approval).
- Effective February 1, 2017:Provide proof of completion of the CDC Core Curriculum on TB. Please see the FAQ section of our website for more information.
The Instructor application review and approval process can take up to 30 days. Once the approval process is complete, you will be notified by email and provided further instructions. Please Note: During the approval process timeframe, you are INELIGIBLE to schedule or conduct a TST Workshop.
Consequences for conducting a workshop prior to completion of the review process and approval date, will include, but are not limited to:
- Disqualification of the applicant from becoming a TST Instructor.
- Disqualification of all workshop participants from a class held before the instructor was approved from obtaining continuing education and TST certification.
Please contact us with any questions.